Take a Pre-Vacation Trip to the Library

My family loves to take long road trips throughout the year.  Before we hit the road, I head to the local library.  Why?

State and Travel books - I like to read the thoughtful advice of seasoned travelers who have made the trip ahead of me.  In our quest to see all 50 states, I like to read books about the state we are visiting. Children's books are great for pointing out big landmarks and moments in a state's history.  Adult books reveal intricate political history and community stories that bring a place and its people to life.

History and Biography books - once the state and travel books have opened the door, you may want to dig deeper into specific moments in history.  These make great reads on the road as you are heading to a specific landmark or famous person's home.

Books for Recreational Reading - vacations are the prefect time to enjoy recreational reading.  You can try to read a book by a local author, or something just for fun.  We do a lot of camping, so there is quiet time by the pool or in the hammock at the end of the day for reading.

Books on Tape - we were on the road for more than 24 hours on this last road trip.  That's too much radio time for me, and even I don't want to read out loud that long to my family.  Books on tape save the day.  Your public library is bound to have some great choices.

No time to make it to the library? Check out their digital collection.  I ended up using the HMCPL Digital Media Zone for most of my book choices this time. 

Here's a selection of some of the print  books we read while enjoying a historic tour of eastern Pennsylvania.





8 comments:

jade said...

Your public library is bound to have some great choices. what to visit in italy

Data Science Training said...

I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own Blog Engine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it.

Data Science Training

Data Science said...

Amazingly by and large very interesting post. I was looking for such an information and thoroughly enjoyed examining this one. Keep posting. An obligation of appreciation is all together for sharing.data science colleges in bangalore

Unknown said...

Really nice and interesting post. I was looking for this kind of information and enjoyed reading this one. Keep posting. Thanks for sharing.data science in bhubaneswar

Unknown said...

It has fully emerged to crown Singapore's southern shores and undoubtedly placed her on the global map of residential landmarks. I still scored the more points than I ever have in a season for GS. I think you would be hard pressed to find somebody with the same consistency I have had over the years so I am happy with that. data scientist course in kanpur

360DigiTMG said...

Just pure brilliance from you here. I have never expected something less than this from you and you have not disappointed me at all. I suppose you will keep the quality work going on.
data science online training in hyderabad

Unknown said...

"A good blog always comes-up with new and exciting information and while reading I have feel that this blog is really have all those quality that qualify a blog to be a one. digital marketing certificate"

360digiTMG.com said...

I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to understand. Unlike other blogs I have read which are really not that good.Thanks alot! data science training in mysore

Post a Comment