SafeShare.TV Makes YouTube Kid Friendly

I am lucky enough to be in a school system that doesn't block YouTube.  When I want to make videos available to students, however, I'd like to be able to avoid exposing them to any inappropriate comments or related videos that sometimes appear within otherwise age-appropriate YouTube videos. That's why I was thrilled to find SafeShare.TV.  I simply copy the URL for the YouTube video and paste it into SafeShare.TV.  A new URL with just the video is created.  It does still include pop-up advertising at the bottom, but I only had to minimize it once. Days later, when I opened the link, the ads were still hidden.

I used SafeShare.TV to create this link to a Mr. Bean video that I want to show my upper grade students.   [Aside: I am going to ask students to list the things Mr. Bean does right and the things he does wrong. There are a lot of good lessons in this 5 minute video:  book care, taking responsibility, and not being afraid to let the librarian know when you've accidentally damaged a book]



0 comments:

Post a Comment