Being a Fund for Teachers Fellow

fundforteachers.org

Last week, I received the official word that my Fund for Teachers grant was awarded!  It is such an honor and very exciting to be selected to pursue my professional development plan through this fellowship.  If you haven't heard of this program, you need to spend some time visiting the Fund For Teachers web site.  Working with local partners, Alabama Public Television in our area, teachers are given the opportunity to design their own professional development plans that range from workshops and conferences to traveling around the United States and the World to bring unique perspectives back to the classroom.  The next application period opens on October 1, 2014.  You don't want to miss it!  


For my fellowship, I will be headed to the ISTE conference in Atlanta this June for 4 days of intensive, invigorating access to the leading technology in education experts, products, and ideas.  


www.isteconference.org/2014

There is no way to see, or do it all.  I will be carefully planning my daily schedule using the online schedule of workshops, concurrent sessions, poster sessions, vendor hall/demonstrations, digital playground, and more.  Because I want this experience to benefit all of my colleagues - students and teachers in my school, librarians in MCLA, and TIMs in MCLA, I am planning to consult with all of them on the issues that concern them, so that I can focus some of my time on those things.  I already know that I will be looking for gaming, flipped learning, coding/programming, and makerspaces in libraries.

Stay tuned!  I hope to share what I learn and inspire others to pursue their own learning quest. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment