ISTE 2014 Planning for Friday

Time to start planning for ISTE 2014.  It's still months away, but it's imperative to plan early.  First of all, sessions fill up fast. In fact, many are probably already full.  Second, trying to make the most of this mega conference takes careful consideration and balancing of schedules and objectives.  Of course, it's still just a plan.  The momentum and serendipity of events will make some intrusions on my plans, I'm sure.  No, I'm planning on it!

I am arriving as early as possible on Friday to take advantage of pre-conference activities that day.

Friday Plan

  • ISTE Unplugged, Hack Your Education session lasts from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.  The session schedule has not been posted, so I'll be checking back to see what is offered.  I've been following Steve Hargadon's Learning Revolution Project for a few years.  This should be great!
  • Mobile MEGAShare - 2:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.  This overlaps with ISTE Unplugged, so I need to pick one place for the afternoon.  I could definitely be happy here with the offerings:  Makerspaces and Mobile: The Perfect Combination, Augmented Reality in Education, Games, Gamification, Quantification, and More, and Transforming Education with Mobile Tech.
  • Hack Education After Party - 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.  One of my goals for this conference is to meet people to connect with after the conference.  I need to attend this event, and just hope I'm not too tired from getting up early and driving over that morning.
That's the plan for Day 1!  Four more days to go!

0 comments:

Post a Comment