Plan for Sunday at ISTE

After reviewing 381 concurrent sessions, poster sessions, playgrounds, birds of a feather, etc. available on Sunday, I have decided on a rough plan for my day:

8:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. Poster Sessions:  

  • Kentucky Student Technology Leadership Program 
  • No-Cost Tools:  Fully Engage Students in the Writing Process, 
  • The Project Buffet
  • Student Empowerment, Choice, and Voice: Authentic Learning, Making and Leadership
  • Unleash Cool Unknown Tools within Microsoft Word and OneNote
  • Digital Race Around the World 
  • Mobile Learning What's Next?


9:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. - Explore and Create Playground

  • Digital Age Library Playground
  • Digital Storytelling Playground: Wonderment and Awe Through Digital Creativity
  • Math and Science Playground: STEM as a Learning Environment


11:00 a.m. - 12:00 Concurrent Session, okay I haven't made up my mind yet

  • Student Learning Networks: Building Digital Communities that Ignite Powerful Learning - this one's a front runner because it includes collaboration, student work samples, SAMR model practices, and focuses on elementary students - all goals for my ISTE PD.
    OR
  • iPad Pioneers: Exploration + Education=Innovation!  Requires registration
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. Poster Session Blitz (Round 2 - focus on tips and skills for my role as Technology Integration Mentor)
  • Building Online Communities
  • Extreme PD Makeover: Technology Edition
  • *How to be a tech coach*** Alabama teacher leading this one
  • *Learning Activities with LEGO Robotics: a TPACK Approach
  • Learning to Play and Playing to Learn
  • Apps for Project-Based Learning
  • Make the Connection! Cross Curricular Projects including the Arts!
  • Learn Teach Lead PD: the Gift that Keeps on Giving
  • *Modeling Technology Integration in Professional Learning
  • Students Teaching Teachers Tech
  • *Successful Coaching Model to Integrate Technology
  • *The KITE Project: Creating a Gamified Learning Platform for Teachers
I don't think all of those are doable within 1 hour.  I'm going to have to make some tough choices, hence the asterisks, but even that only gives me about 10 minutes at each booth :(

1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.  Explore Vendor Hall
  • I'm going to attack the middle, or as much of it as I can:  Google, Adobe, LEGO Education, Doceri, Gaggle.net, Follett, and Xirrus

2:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. Third Poster Session, Part 1
  • Creating Computer Games: Resources for Teachers and Students
  • Designing Your Makerspace
2:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. - Concurrent Session
  • Invent to Learn: Making, Tinkering, and Engineering in the Classroom
3:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. - Third Poster Session, Part 2 

  • Digital Harbor Foundation Tech Center: Inner-city Baltimore Youth Makerspace 
4:15 p.m. - 5:15 p.m. - Concurrent Session
  • The New and Improved Library is Digital Central
5:30 p.m. - 6:45 p.m. - Birds of a Feather

  • Calling All Ed Tech Coaches - seems like a logical fit with my new role as tech coach
    Yet, I'm also really interested in this discussion going on at the same time: 
  • Tra-digital Jam Session!
That's the plan, but I may not get to do it all.  There's definitely not a bit of wiggle room in that plan!  Believe me, I already made some tough choices narrowing it down to this.  I'm very excited about the emphasis on libraries, makerspaces, STEM, and tech integration on Sunday.  It's exactly what I hoped to learn and outlined in my grant with Fund for Teachers - before the conference schedule was even available!  This was meant to be!

By the end of the day, I'll be ready to meet up with my friends and share what we learned!



0 comments:

Post a Comment